Event Marketing Intern
Details: Report to KC Tech Council Manager of Programs & Events
Part-time event marketing intern is responsible for supporting the execution of KC Tech Council's Inaugural annual event, working in close collaboration with KC Tech Council's President, COO, Manager of Programs & Events and Marketing Coordinator. Role requires a self-starter with great attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly understand and champion the KC Tech Council mission, its three strategic pillars, and services offered to member companies.
- Represent the council professionally in multiple settings: at events, in communication with member companies and other investment stakeholders, project meetings, and other touchpoints.
- Learn and maintain project management tool (Asana) to ensure tasks, timelines and project milestones and progressing.
- Assist with event communications (writing, editing, sourcing graphics) for emails, social media announcements and printed materials.
- Coordinate logistics with event vendors, guest speakers, attendees and sponsors for various aspects of the event.
- Perform other duties as directed or required.
- Training and experience: Candidate should have completed one year of study in the school of journalism, Hospitality Management or related field. Prior experience (especially in events or technology settings) preferable.
- Knowledge and Skills: Ability to learn and navigate event planning tools. This includes, but is not limited to, a CRM (MemberZone) and project management platforms as needed.
- Excellent written and spoken verbal communications skills required. Samples of written business communications are appreciated.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in all aspects of responsibilities.
- Professional appearance, discipline, ability to work independently and meet deadlines all required.
- Timeline and availability: Position requires up to 20 hours per week and is paid. Candidate should be able to spend at least one full workday per week in Kansas City.
- To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and any relevant written work samples to Jenna Allison, Manager of Programs & Events for the KC Tech Council (email@example.com), by October 26, 2018. Position to start early November of 2018 and run through April of 2019.