- Continuing support and funding for K-12 Computer Science education
- Promoting policies fostering an inclusive and diverse culture
- Continuing support of education and workforce development
- Computer Science education funding (K-12)
- Apprenticeships and other workforce-ready skill development programs
- Policies to attract and retain qualified workers
- Modernizing state and local government technologies
- Expanding broadband infrastructure and equitable internet access (rural and urban)
- Federal Data Privacy Regulations
- Broadband Investment
- High-skilled immigration reform
- Responsibly managing cybersecurity risks
- STEM and K-12 Computer Science education funding
- Workforce development funding for apprenticeships and other retraining/reskilling programs to ensure Americans have the necessary skills and training to compete in a global workforce
Active Legislation 2022
- This bill includes additional funding and grant opportunities for CS education
- A CS requirement is also included, and historically the KC Tech Council and our coalition have not supported education requirements.
Supporting | H.R. 4521 | America COMPETES Act
S. 225 | Competition and Antitrust Law Enforcement Reform Act of 2021 | Revises antitrust laws applicable to mergers and anticompetitive conduct.
S. 2992 | American Innovation and Choice Online Act | Prohibits certain large online platforms from engaging in specified acts, including giving preference to their own products on the platform, unfairly limiting the availability on the platform of competing products from another business, or discriminating in the application or enforcement of the platform's terms of service among similarly situated users.
S. 2710 | Open App Markets Act | Establishes rules related to the operation of an app store by a covered company (i.e., the owner or controller of an app store with more than 50 million U.S. users).
Supporting | HB 2022 | Modifies provisions related to computer science courses offered in elementary and secondary schools
Supporting | SB 659 | Companion bill to HB2022 | Modifies provisions related to computer science courses offered in elementary and secondary schools.
Click here to view other bills we are watching.
*Represented by Polsinelli
Legislative Support Letters
February 2021 | States Leapfrog Federal Government in Restraining Tech
January 2021 | President-Elect Biden releases 100-day plan