- Continuing support and funding for K-12 Computer Science education
- Promoting policies fostering an inclusive and diverse culture
- Continuing support of education and workforce development
- Computer Science education funding (K-12)
- Apprenticeships and other workforce-ready skill development programs
- Policies to attract and retain qualified workers
- Modernizing state and local government technologies
- Expanding broadband infrastructure and equitable internet access (rural and urban)
- Federal Data Privacy Regulations
- Broadband Investment
- High-skilled immigration reform
- Responsibly managing cybersecurity risks
- STEM and K-12 Computer Science education funding
- Workforce development funding for apprenticeships and other retraining/reskilling programs to ensure Americans have the necessary skills and training to compete in a global workforce
Supporting | HB 204/SB 66 | Revising the Kansas angel investor tax credit act with respect to the definition of qualified securities, tax credit limitations and amounts, investor requirements, and extending the date that credits may be allowed.
Monitoring | S.B. 187 | Prohibiting internet social media terms of service that permit censorship of speech.
Monitoring | S.3832 | A bill to establish a new Directorate for Technology in the re-designated National Science and Technology Foundation, to establish a regional technology hub program, to require a strategy and report on economic security, science, research, and innovation, and for other purposes.
Monitoring | S.777 | This bill requires the Department of Labor to enter into contracts with industry intermediaries to promote the development of and access to apprenticeships in the technology sector.
Monitoring | S.720 | Directs the Secretary of Labor to enter into contracts with industry inter- mediaries for purposes of promoting the development of and access to apprenticeships in the technology sector, and for other purposes.
Monitoring | Federal Data Privacy Regulations
Monitoring | Section 230 reform or repeal and online content moderation
Monitoring | Expanding H-1B visa program for high-skilled workers
Monitoring | Digital Taxation standards
Monitoring | Equitable Internet Access
Monitoring | 5G Infrastructure
Monitoring | Artificial Intelligence
Supporting | SB204/HB320 | Modifies provisions related to computer science courses offered in elementary and secondary schools.
Supporting | SB 545 | A tax credit for a portion of qualified research expenses, as defined in federal law, expired on December 31, 2004. This act reauthorizes such tax credit. Tax credits issued under the act shall not exceed ten million dollars in any year, provided that five million dollars of such tax credits shall be reserved for minority business enterprises, women's business enterprises, and small businesses, as defined in the act.
Monitoring | SB 184 | This act creates the Electrical Corporation Broadband Authorization Act, which allows electrical corporations to operate and use broadband infrastructure, as set forth in the act, in order to provide broadband services, as such term is defined in the act.
*Represented by Polsinelli
Legislative Support Letters
February 2021 | States Leapfrog Federal Government in Restraining Tech
January 2021 | President-Elect Biden releases 100-day plan